Monday, October 3, 2011

Kelsey's Plan ^^

The Plan

Ok, well. Since I'm putting off my school work (shame on me) I thought I would take a moment and write out my goals and plans for my weight loss ^^
For those who don't know, I'm Kelsey, the other co-author of this blog!

Since I got back from Korea, I have gained around 45 lbs, on top of already being overweight. Eek! I know... scary. So it's been pretty drastic and I think part of it was change in diet and exercise and part of it was due to the increase of stress in my life.

The Plan? Loose weight... DUH. lol. How much? starting out, 8 - 12 lbs a month and then 5 lbs a month as I get closer to my goal. Overall, 115 lbs. In what amount of time? Hopefully, In approx. 10 months to a year. realistically? in a year and a half to two years.

Goal 1: Lose 25 lbs by Nov. 14th 2011
Goal 2: Lose 50 lbs by Dec. 25th 2011
Goal 3: Lose 75 lbs by Mar. 15th 2012
Goal 4: Lose 100 lbs by Jun. 1st 2012
Goal 5: Lose 115 lbs by Aug. 31st 2012

If all goes well (fingers crossed) I will be heading either to grad school for my PhD or back overseas to South Korea to teach English. Either way, in less than a year, I'll be starting a new chapter in my life and I want to look damn good for it. More than that, I've started to have some health issues and I want to nip that in the bud before it becomes a real problem.

Plan:
Exercise (once again...DUH...)

Swimming -
I plan to swim 6 days a week. Starting a 45 minutes a day, then 1 hour a day and eventually 2 hours a day. I swim hard laps, with a variety of strokes, but mainly freestyle.

I also plan to mix this with:

-Weight Lifting
-Cardio (push ups, crunches, sit ups, all the ups :)
-Walking -> Jogging -> Running (If I can ever get the torn ligament in my foot to heal...)
-Eliptical
-Biking

Yoga-
Lastly, I plan to practice Yoga three times a week. either on my own or in a studio setting, I haven't decided yet. It will depend on what I can afford ^^

Food:

-NO more excess sugar, carbs, etc. Healthy food! This is a tad difficult because A) I work in a chocolate shop with an "all you can eat durign your shift" policy, and B) I am addicted to food and use it as a crutch when I am stressed. Since I'm a full time grad student, and work a full time job, that's pretty much all the time. LOL.
-In cases of public or family meals, will take half the portion size I used to take
-Drink? Water(EW), Tea, coffee, Sugar free mixes, juice on occasion. = NO MORE POP! (The horror) This is REALLY hard for me, because I'm addicted to pop. and I mean addicted. it's like my crack cocaine. No joke. Not having 3-4 diet ginger ales a day might just kill me...

Also, I plan to use this blog as a food journal. It will be my way of tracking what I ate and how much. I also plan to use the weight watchers system to help me with portion control and the types of food I put into my mouth.

Ok, So there it is - my rough around the edges plan to lose weight!

Wish me Luck!

P.S. I plan on taking pictures for a before and after effect. Look for that soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment